- Friends. My friend Becca and I are doing our traditional daddy/daughter breakfast tomorrow. This is where we drag our dads out of bed, make them take us out for breakfast, and once we get there, divide into two tables. Girls at one, dads at the other… Of course! And we hold them at gunpoint (not) and make them talk for hours about theology and the state of the church…
- Connecting. Last weekend, my parents gave me permission to get an account on Facebook. It’s very, very exciting to connect with friends whom I haven’t spoken to in… well, ages.
- Books. Since I made an order with Barnes and Noble the other day, several books have arrived in the mail (and I’m expecting more). It’s dreadfully, amazingly exciting to read a new book that you absolutely adore.
5. Organization. Creating a schedule for yourself feels really good. Really, really good.
6. Little Things. The little things in life. No, really – the moments that make you smile, teasing, and being teased back by your friend over the phone. Little caring notes that pop into your inbox. The realization that you have amazing people in your life. They all matter, and most of the time, they’re even more important than the bigger, stressed-over things.
7. Cheese. Nuff said.
8. Music. Tis essential, is it not? The lull of your favorite song, the excitement of discovering new music… Roller-coastering (is that a word? should be) emotions, all within one powerful thing.
10. Love. The word that expresses it all, really. The passion, the inspiration, the foundation of heartbreak, the joy of knowing people whom you can share it with. Love.
And on that tender note, I’m off to “love” my AP Euro homework…
(Also linking the photo in the post with “On Cloud Nine”)